National Severe Weather Preparedness Week is March 2-8, 2014. MSBOC encourages individuals to prepare for the upcoming severe weather season. Tornadoes, flooding rain and hail can wreak havoc on homes and businesses. MSBOC offers the following suggestions to consumers for hiring contractors to repair any damage sustained as a result of severe weather:
• Be cautious of door to door solicitors.
• Don’t pay cash or give money up front.
• Get at least three estimates and verify references.
• Have a written agreement detailing the work to be performed.
• Hire only licensed Mississippi contractors to perform repairs.
Click here for FEE SCHEDULE EFFECTIVE JAN 1 2014